4 Reasons Why Gel Hand Sanitizer is Better than Spray Sanitizer
Not all hand sanitizers are created equal. Sanitizers are available in different forms and concentrations, with some types offering more benefits than others. Gels remain a top option for consumers across the world because they are readily available, affordable, and easy to use. But there are other reasons why they are the leading choice among buyers. Below are the top 5 reasons why gel hand sanitizer is a better choice than spray sanitizer.
1) Gel hand sanitizers are easier to use
Convenience and ease of use are both critical to a sanitizer's efficacy. Gel hand sanitizers offer both of these benefits. Here are some specific reasons why gels are the clear choice for people looking for a fast, easy way to get rid of bacteria:
- Gels are less prone to product defects such as damaged spray pumps or piston seals.
- Gels are easy to apply with dominant and non-dominant hands whereas sprays aren't always easy to apply using a non-dominant hand.
- Gels are easier to carry and less prone to spillage, making them a great option for travelers and commuters with portable bottles and containers.
- Gels are readily available online and in retail stores in a variety of sizes and scents.
2) Sprays may leave portions of your hands unprotected
Results of studies on the efficacy of soap and anti-bacterial hand rubs indicate that gels are more effective than sprays at eliminating hand bacteria. One study by Truitt and Goldwater found that gel sanitizers reduced transient hand bacteria by 80% while sprays reduced bacteria by 71%.
One reason why sprays can be less effective is their inability to cover all of your hand's surface area. It can be tricky to make sure a spray sanitizer reaches all the areas between our fingers. Gels are a bit easier to control, and the product is more likely to reach all areas of our hands.
3) Gel sanitizers are more affordable
Consumers are more cost-conscious than ever. At a time when every cent matters, gels win the prize for being the most affordable sanitizer option. In addition to costing less, they are easier to purchase in bulk. Here are some of the ways people can save money by purchasing gels:
- Gel sanitizers are often available in bulk, such as gallon-size bottles
- Leftover or unused gel can be easily transferred to a small bottle or a wall mount dispenser
- Gels are not prone to dripping like spray liquids, thereby helping to prevent product waste
4) Only a Small Amount of Gel Sanitizer is Needed to Kill Germs
When compared to sprays, gel sanitizers are effective in smaller doses. Simply put, a little goes a long way, and you can achieve the same protective benefits without using as much product. When people use sanitizing gels, the product is applied directly to the hands. While recommended amounts will vary somewhat with hand size, healthcare officials suggest that a modest dime-sized amount will effectively remove bacteria from your hands.
The gel is easy to control and there is little likelihood that the gel will end up on any surface other than your hands or the surface where the gel was applied. After application, it only takes 15 seconds to kill bacteria and pathogens with Muse Health!
Spray gels, on the other hand, can disappear quickly because other products may be used on your hands and interfere with absorption. It's not always easy to control a spray bottle, and you can end up wasting as much sanitizer as you apply. Unintentional "misfires" are more likely to occur if a spray applicator is defective or if people attempt to apply a spray sanitizer in the dark. In addition, different sprays take different amounts of time to dry and kill the latent germs on your hands.
Gels vs. Spray: The Bottom Line
Hand sanitizers offer a solid defense against harmful bacteria. While both gels and sprays are useful, gel sanitizers are especially effective because they are easy to use and deliver protection at a more affordable rate. Gels are available worldwide and buyers can choose from a wide variety of scents, and bottle sizes.
Choosing an Affordable Gel Sanitizer You Can Trust
Choosing a gel sanitizer, you can trust is just as important as selecting the right type of sanitizer. With thousands of options available on the marketplace, it can be a bit overwhelming to find the most reliable product. As you compare gel options, it's a good idea to look for a safety-focused brand that offers the following important qualities:
- Fast-acting: Look for products that kill over 99% of germs in 15 seconds or less
- Nourishing: Gels containing vitamin E and glycerin will help keep your hands soft and supple
- Natural: Brands that avoid harmful ingredients such as dyes, parabens, or synthetic materials are good choices
- A pleasant scent: Gels with a mild scent help neutralize the odor of alcohol
Muse Health's hand sanitizers offer all the qualities above and are made in the USA. You can choose from a fragrance-free sanitizer or a light geranium and sugar scent. Ordering online is easy and shipping is fast. Most importantly, when you purchase a Must Health gel sanitizer, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing you are buying a cruelty-free product that meets protective guidelines set by the CDC. Try some today!